The most frequently requested fishing excursion by visitors to Ambergris Caye is Reef Fishing. It’s great way to spend a few hours or a day on the water relaxing and you’re almost guaranteed a catch; if you’re lucky you might even catch enough fish to feed the whole family for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Snapper, barracuda, jacks and grouper are a few of the species you’ll hook into during your trip. All tackle, gear and bait is provided by your guide. We’ll make sure your guide provides a cooler with water and ice and enough room for your drinks and snacks.
Reef fishing can be done as half day charter or a full day charter. Half days usually being 4 hours and full days 7 to 8 hours. Most guides start the day at 7 or 8 in the morning but half day charters can either start in the morning or afternoon.
- Full day – 2 person minimum – Contact us for current pricing
- Half day – 2 person minimum – Contact us for current pricing.
- 4 people maximum.
- Bait and tackle included.
- What to bring: snacks, drinks, sunblock, hat.
Flats + Fly Fishing
Just mention the name Belize to an ardent fly fisherperson and their heart will skip a beat. Long known as a world class destination for Bonefish, Permit, Tarpon and Snook, Belize fly fishing grounds still remain uncrowded and pristine.
Ambergris Caye is the perfect staging point for your shot at the “Grand Slam” and with Belizean guides being some of the best in the world chances are good that you’ll get one.
Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned pro you’ll find the guides accommodating and patient.
Bonefish, permit and tarpon are catch and release only.
- Full day – 2 person maximum – Contact us for current pricing
- What to bring: snacks, drinks, sunscreen and hat.
Deep Sea Fishing
With the Caribbean Sea just a half mile from shore and the sea floor dropping off sharply to several thousand feet Ambergris Caye is the perfect jumping off spot for deep sea fishing adventures.
Opportunities abound to catch Blue Marlin, White Marlin, Sailfish, Wahoo, Kingfish and Tuna. Half day charters usually take place within 10 to 15 miles of San Pedro while full day charters will venture out further into prime deep waters.
- Full day – 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Half day – 8:00am to 12:00pm or 1:00pm to 5:00pm
- Minimum persons to confirm trip: 3*
- What to bring: sunscreen, hat, towel
What’s included: water, tackle, soft drinks, snacks, beers
- Cost: Please contact us for current rates.
- Pick up time at your hotel dock: 8:00 am/1:00 pm
- Departure time: 8:00 am/1:00 pm
Return time: 12:00 am/5:00 pm
* This doesn’t mean that you must have that many people to go on the tour just that the tour operator must have additional guests going to make up the minimum number…